| Contemporary New Zealand Artist |
I am a New Zealand artist working across fine arts, architecture, and urban design (at Studio Pacific Architecture). My cross-disciplinary background in urban regeneration and public space design brings a fresh approach to my practise.
I am represented by Foenander Galleries (Auckland) as a painter of ‘constructed’ surreal landscape settings where my work explores how people attribute value to the ‘natural environment’, and how we decide what is the ‘vernacular landscape’ in a postcolonial context.
MoA (Prof.) & BAS Victoria University Wellington
Molly Morpeth Canaday Award - Finalist (2019)
National Erebus Memorial - Competition winner | with Studio Pacific Architecture - (2019)
Wellington Sculpture Trust PARKING DAY - Judges award | with Studio Pacific Architecture - (2018)
LUX Light Festival Wellington - Installation exhibitor | With Tess Jeppesen - (2017)
Victoria University Wellington Common Space Design Competition - Winner (2011)
WOW (World of Wearable arts) - Finalist | with Lynaire Kibblewhite (2008)
Konica Minolta MAZDA Artwork - Highly Commended (2006)
Auckland Grammar School Matthew Koefoed Memorial Art Scholarship - Recipient (2006)
• The Nomadic Art Gallery -"Alienation" Digital Exhibition
• Foenander Art Galleries - Transit Lane.
• Molly Morpeth Canaday Award Exhibition, Whakatane
• Foenander Art Galleries - The Intimacy of Distance.
• Art House Tour Exhibition, Auckland Grammar School, Auckland
• ‘Art Incubates Life’, Mossgreen-Webb’s, Auckland
• LUX Light Festival Te Ao Mārama, Wellington
• ‘New Paintings’, solo exhibition, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• Entrant in the French WW1 Memorial, Pukeaha National Park, Wellington
• Art House Tour Exhibition, Auckland Grammar School
• ‘Odds on Tomorrow’, with Lindsey Baker & Freeman White, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• ‘Transitions’, group show, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• ‘Wunderkammer’, group show, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• ‘Intersections’, group show, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• Hibiscus Hospice Art Exhibition.
• ‘Illumination’, group show, nkb Gallery, Auckland
• ‘Room With a View’, Group Exhibition, nkb Gallery, Auckland
‘From Sheds to Shells’ with Lynaire Kibblewhite, Auckland.
• WOW (World of Wearable arts), Nelson
Auckland Grammar School Art Exhibition (2005-2008, 2010-2015)
Kings College Sale of Fine Arts Exhibition (2008-2010, 2012-2014)